(SOLVED) Trouble playing MP4 videos under Fedora 21 -- Gstreamer thinks a codec is missing which is actually installed

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 7 18:07:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 09:19 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> MP4 videos played OK under Fedora 20, but when I attempt to play one
> under Fedora 21, I get a popup from Dragon Player (KDE's default video
> player).
>         Dragon Player requires additional plugins for this operation
>         MPEG-4 AAC decoder
>         MPEG-4 Video decoder
>
>         The following plugins are required.  Do you want to search for
>         these now?
Gstreamer's search system doesn't seem to work properly.  Yum reports:

                            gstreamer1-libav
                                Missing
                      gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free
                               Installed
                        gstreamer1-bad-freeworld
                                Missing
                        gstreamer1-plugins-good
                               Installed

When I install the "Missing" packages, things work much better.

Where should the bug be reported?

jon