Fedora & Android

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 23:13:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 15:48 -0600, John Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 12:46 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> > My bad, I had misspelled it. Thanks.
>
> No, I did it.
>
> > However my phone is a Nexus 5 so it doesn't look like this will work for
> > me.
>
> If you have a Nexus device you don't need anything special, they are all
> developer friendly.  Kinda the point of the Nexus brand.  The standard
> documented Android tools should just work.

I presume you mean stuff on the Android devel website. I haven't looked
there as I'm just a user of Android. All the backup apps I've seen need
to root the phone to do a full backup. And rooting the phone seems to
mean restoring it to factory settings. Instructions for doing this
remind you to do a backup before proceeding ... er ...

poc