NV or AMD gfx for 4k?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 05:22:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:09:54 +1000
Dan Irwin wrote:

> What is the current state of play? Who has the most stable drivers, either
> proprietary or in kernel?

I've got an nvidia maxwell card driving my UHD display at work,
and the nouveau driver doesn't work at all, and with the rpmfusion
nvidia binaries I only get 2D, no open GL. I had hoped that
on fedora 21 things would be better, but no such luck.

Supposedly nouveau will work if only you can get firmware
it can load, but my attempts to follow instructions about
extracting firmware have been a bust as well.