Fedora & Android

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Jan 10 01:40:10 UTC 2015

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I imagine most people running Fedora on their laptops
> have one or more Android phones and other devices.
>
> I'm wondering what applications people use to link the two?
> I've found this to be surprisingly difficult.
>
> I'm running Fedora-21/KDE on my laptops
> so naturally tried KDE Connect, which is supposed to do the job.
> But I have found this very unsatisfactory -
> it works occasionally, but simply fails to "pair" on most occasions.
> As there is essentially no documentation with this program
> it is difficult to know if I am using it correctly,
> or if the problem lies with the app on my phone.

ssh client ConnectBot - let's me used CLI on remote machines
sftp client DroidSCP - I paid for the bulk transfer license, it's clunky but
functional, vs. glitzy and and unreliable from a few other things I tried.

They claim to do rsync, I haven't put much effort into finding the details. I'm
more about works than ease of use and features. Both are desirable, but if I
must choose I pass on debugging.

HTH

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>