strange double-click

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Sat Jan 10 08:01:16 UTC 2015

On 09.01.2015, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> I now have an issue, many days now, not sure when it started..
> sometimes, when I SINGLE-click, it acts like a double-click.

I have been encountering this "phenomenon" several times over many
years, and it has *always* been the mouse, and nothing software
related. Especially L*gitech products are sensible to this.
It's the switch inside the mouse worn out. Occasionally, cleaning
the contacts did it for another months. But be careful when opening,
there are some really small parts inside the module.

I've switched to a Kana v2 mouse from Steelseries, and no problems so
far (I'm by no means a gamer!).