current laptop recommendations

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jan 10 09:52:02 UTC 2015

Roger Wells wrote:

> I am a software developer and have used IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads for a long
> time always with Linux and excellent results.

I've used Thinkpads for many years.
I always buy them second-hand from a German company, ITSCO,
who seem exceptionally honest to me, describing precisely all defects
in the machines they are selling (eg "Battery only lasts 15 minutes").
My most recent acquisition is a T510, which is just about perfect (for me).
I always read around to see which machines run under Linux without problems,
and this seems to be the latest in the T-series satisfying that criterion.
It's not very portable, but I use my Samsung Galaxy S5 if I am on the move.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net