strange double-click

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Sat Jan 10 12:09:24 UTC 2015

On 10.01.2015, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> > http://dimasio.com/quick-repair-of-the-logitech-anywhere-mouse-mx-black-usb-double-click.html

> I know, I would end up with either broken or lost parts, or not be able
> to get it back together again...

I have had two L*gitech Anywhere MX mice, and could fix both doing
exactly what is described in the link above. So I'm confident you'll
eventually manage it :-)

The whole procedure looks difficult and scary, but isn't. The
little switch (see the picture provided in the link) is what's
most tricky to get re-installed properly. I used a little piece of tape to
hold it in place while putting the cap back on again.

In the long run, I have had those two Anywhere MX and several M505 and
the like from L*gitech, and will never ever buy any L*gitech mouse
again. I also own(ed) a Micros*ft office mouse (the inexpensive one), an
Intellimouse from the same producer and some cheapo no-name mice, and
never encountered the double click problem with them, so maybe this
problem indeed is L*gitech only. There are a whole lot of reports of
it on the net..