strange double-click

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 10 19:33:22 UTC 2015

On 01/10/2015 09:43 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 01/10/15 09:44, g wrote:
>>
>> not all mice.
>>
>> i have a thumb marble, TrackMan Marble, M/N T-CH11,
>> P/N-804122-3000, S/N: LZB882800196, that i bought some time back in
>> 1980? that has worked flawlessly from day 1.
>>
>> only type of maintenance that i have to do is clean the crud build
>> up on the ball roll points.
>
> Yes, but is it wireless?

1980, i believe all mice had tails back then.

> I have three of those here and other family members have the same,
> no traditional mice. They build up a little cushion of lint at the
> rolling points but it only makes the ball rotate less freely.
> Conventional mice accumulate crud on the rollers that has to be
> removed with a bit more difficulty. I have never seen a switch
> failure on our Logitech "track balls."

seems like you and family are like me. do not like to keep desk top
free of clutter. LOL.

actually, besides of all the advantages of thumb marbles, i believe
they are great for prevention of RSI, repetitive strain injury, of
mousing. altho DQS, de Quervain syndrome, (1), is a possibility and
why i do finger stretches and exercises.

 (1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Quervain_syndrome

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6