NV or AMD gfx for 4k?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 00:52:50 UTC 2015

> >> I've got an nvidia maxwell card driving my UHD display at work,
> >> and the nouveau driver doesn't work at all, and with the rpmfusion
> >> nvidia binaries I only get 2D, no open GL. I had hoped that
> >> on fedora 21 things would be better, but no such luck.

I should mention that I finally tracked this down as a stupid
error in a completely separate local tool rpm that was putting an
incorrect entry in an ldconfig .conf file which wound up
hiding the nvidia libgl.so files and friends. After fixing
the bad .conf file, I now get 3d on my UHD display with my
maxwell card.