With newer updates to Fedora 20 the wakeup timer does not work...

dwoody1 dwoody1 at charter.net
Mon Jan 12 19:58:19 UTC 2015

I have Mythtv installed. I setup a wakeup timer that worked in Fedora 19
so the computer would boot up in time to record a show and then shutdown
until the next recording was scheduled. But in Fedora 20, with the
inclusion of halt into systemd, the wakeup timer does not work.

In Fedora 19 the timer needed to be reset in the halt init script after
the hwclock was updated.

Mythtv has a page describing how to setup the timer but it has not been
updated to reflect the systemd requirements.
I assume that the shutdown in systemd needs to be modified but I am
unsure how.

I have searched for wakeup, systemd, mythtv, hwclock and others but have
not found what I need to change.

Thanks for your help,

David