what is the process number of a "running application" ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 13 05:59:07 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 12 January 2015, Angelo Moreschini sent:
> I would like to know the process number of an application that
> actually is running (Netbeans in my case), with the purpose to kill it
> (when is froze).

Amongst the other suggestions, there's the killall command.  I've often
used it when mplayer has choked on some media file and won't play it,
nor quit, it just jammed (e.g. killall mplayer), occasionally I'll have
to issue the command more than once, or be more forcefull in putting an
end to a seriously jammed played (e.g. killall -9 mplayer).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

ZNQR LBH YBBX