swapping

Patrick Dupre pdupre at gmx.com
Thu Jan 15 13:10:39 UTC 2015

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

> Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 1:42 PM
> From: "Sam Varshavchik" <mrsam at courier-mta.com>
> To: "Community support for Fedora users" <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Subject: Re: swapping
>
> Patrick Dupre writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Very often I reach a situation where I cannot work because fedora
> > is swapping permanently.
> > I attach the top file.
> >
> > I need to restart the machine to have it fix!
>
> Wow, setroubleshoot ate ten gigs of virtual memory on a machine with 8gb of
> physical ram.
>
> Something is spewing SELinux denial errors, making setroubleshoot blow up.
> That's what this looks to me.
>
> You should have a honking button somewhere, imploring you to review all the
> accumulated selinux alerts. You need to chase down what's tripping up
> SELinux, and address that.

How I can do so?
Before I rebooted the machine after I clicked on troubleshooting alerts and a report had been sent.
but it did not change the situation..
Depending, sometimes, I can recover the memory by closing firefox, but
other times I have to reboot.