Blocking POODLE

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Jan 16 02:45:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-15 at 19:09 +0100, Andre Speelmans wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:40 AM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu> wrote:
> > SSLLabs reports a couple of servers of mine have SSL v3 enabled and are
> > vulnerable to POODLE.  I followed instructions for Apache httpd at
> > https://scotthelme.co.uk/sslv3-goes-to-the-dogs-poodle-kills-off-protocol/, but that does not seem to cure the problem.
> > SSLLabs still reports the servers as vulnerable.  Does anyone know what I'm missing?
>
> Given that you are on the university network, are you sure there is no
> proxy in between and that SSLLabs is testing the proxy?

Good question.  One of the servers is actually outside the university
firewall, so I *thinK* that's not an issue, at least for that machine.
I'm pretty sure that machines on the campus network are behind a network
firewall, but not behind a campus proxy.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Math Sciences