MC Midnight Commander: error opening PDF files refers to Dolphin

A.J. Bonnema gbonnema at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 16 10:58:20 UTC 2015

On 15-01-15 22:16, poma wrote:
> On 15.01.2015 14:46, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
>> So I was wondering, could the pdf extention be hidden in a regular
>> expression in such a way that I don't recognize it as being pdf? I have
>> no idea why mc wants to load /usr/bin/dolphin.
>>

>> Kind regards, Guus.
>>
> Check within the newly created user.

In a newly created user, mc works with pdf as expected. It does not try
to invoke /usr/bin/dolphin.
So, I moved .mc out of the way and viola!   ......    it still calls
/usr/bin/dolphin ...... :( This is so weird. Where could the directive
to load /usr/bin/dolphin be hidden if not in .mc configuration files?

I suspect mc is listening to a different default setting configuration
file, but I am running gnome, not kde.
Dolphin is the default kde file manager, so I removed ".kde", but still
the same response. I wonder where mc gets the instruction to load
/usr/bin/dolphin when I enter on a pdf file?