fsck each time booting the system in Fedora 21

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jan 17 09:20:49 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Kevin Wilson <wkevils at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I had installed Fedora 21. Each time I boot the system,
> fsck is running, which takes almost 5 minutes.
>
> What is the reason ? Can I avoid it ?

It sounds like the file system isn't cleanly unmounting in a fairly
bad way, because normally journal replay is sufficient. If there's an
inconsistency between the journal and superblock, this triggers a
preen, which based on the time it takes is probably what's happening
in your case. The first thing I'd do is boot from alternate media and
do an e2fsck -f <dev> which hopefully fixes the problems, and on
reboot there should be no long fsck again. Reboot again, and see if
there's a long fsck. If there is, you'll need to investigate the
shutdown as a culprit.

--
Chris Murphy