[SOLVED] Re: [F21] NetworkManager won't connect

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 15:35:15 UTC 2015

On 17.01.2015 14:31, Marco Guazzone wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 9:39 AM, antonio <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Marco Guazzone ha scrito il 17/01/2015 alle 09:16:

>>> I've just updated NM to the version that is currently in updates-testing
>>>    http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=604111
>>> and the problem seems to be fixed.
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>>
>>> -- Marco
>>>
>> I am experiencing a similar issue:
>>
>> sometimes NM doesn't connect to my wireless network, I have to switch to a
>> different wireless net, then back to my network: but if only one network is
>> available, I have to switch off and on NM
>>

> In my case, the patched NM solved the problem.
>
> If you want, you can try it as follows:
> 1. Enable the yum repo /etc/yum.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo
>    $ sudo vi /etc/yum.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo

$ rpm -qf /etc/yum.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo
error: file /etc/yum.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo: No such file or directory

$ rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo
fedora-repos-21-2.noarch

>    (change "enabled=0" in "enabled=1")
> 2. sudo yum update NetworkManager
> 3. Disable the "feodra-updates-testing" repo
>    $ sudo vi /etc/yum.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo
>    (change "enabled=1" in "enabled=0")
> 4. Reboot and cross your fingers
>

> -- Marco

These should suffice:

$ su -c 'yum --enablerepo updates-testing install/update foo bar'
$ su -c 'systemctl restart NetworkManager.service'