Swapping to a large sparse file

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Jan 18 01:02:18 UTC 2015

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uswsusp

It looks like it support swapfiles. I still don't think a sparse file
backing a loop device as a swap device will work for suspend to disk,
but it may just be a matter of creativity. If this is a laptop I think
you're better off with swap on the internal drive and just make up the
space you've lost some other way. If you ever have to grab it and go
you don't want an object attached that can get caught on something and
snapped off. If the laptop has an optical drive, remove it and put in
a hard drive to supplement the SSD.