Swapping to a large sparse file

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 01:36:12 UTC 2015

On 01/17/2015 06:28 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 6:11 PM, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The nand flash sinks completely into the multi-flash
>> reader/writer, nothing to protrude. So I think this
>> is a good solution for my situation.
> Seems reasonable I guess.
>
>> I really do not
>> want to back up 2TB drive, repartition it to create
>> a 16GB swap partition and restore the rest.
>> Too gosh darned time consuming.
> Surely something can just be resized by 16GB?

No room left in current partitioning layout.
All that's left are a few megabytes that do not fit
within the 2000 sector scheme that drive currently
is using. Those last tidbits are not available because
the very last partition I created was the swap and
and it was supposed to consume whatever disk space
was left. It did not. It left some unused space, but useless
anyway, because it does not amount to much.