Fedora-21 firewall advice?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 14:58:11 UTC 2015

Hi

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Timothy Murphy  wrote:

> My meaning was: if firewalld is associated to systemd
> then sooner or later it will probably become the standard firewall
> in all distributions, so I might as well get used to it.

I see.   Firewalld is a independent project entirely however.  It is likely
to be standard in Fedora and RHEL for the foreseeable future but I don't
see other distributions adopting it. Atleast there has been no push for it
so far.  There is however broad support among other third party firewall
integration programs already probably because RHEL 7 has it by default.

> But if it is a straightforward choice between two firewalls,
> I may as well stick with the one I know.

Fair enough.  I would suggest looking into it when you have the time.

Rahul