Fedora-21 vs NFS

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:03:01 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 2:03 AM, Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net> wrote:

> I have just upgraded amito, the client from Fedora-20 to Fedora-21. The
> server, weather, is still running Fedora-20. After the upgrade, an attempt
> by amito to nfs mount a filesystem on weather fails with an access denial by
> by weather. Before the upgrade, everything worked fine.
>
> It looks like the mount should succeed, since showmount indicates that the
> export from weather is OK. Nevertheless it fails. How can I debug this?
> I'm pretty much an NFS newbie.
>
> Here is the relevant info:
>
> [root at amito jonrysh]# cat /etc/fstab
> #
> # /etc/fstab
> # Created by anaconda on Sun Jan  4 19:54:47 2015
> #
> # Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
> # See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more info
> #
> /dev/mapper/fedora00-root                 /                       ext4
> defaults        1 1
> UUID=7e3eb9f4-44eb-4120-8593-5570190feded /boot                   ext4
> defaults        1 2
> /dev/mapper/fedora00-home                 /home                   ext4
> defaults        1 2
> /dev/mapper/fedora00-Windows              /srv/c                  vfat
> shortname=winnt 0 0
> /dev/mapper/fedora00-swap                 swap                    swap
> defaults        0 0
>
> # NFS Mounts
> weather:/                                 /srv/weather            nfs4
> users,defaults  0 0
> weather:/var                              /srv/weather/var        nfs4
> users,defaults  0 0
> [root at amito jonrysh]# ls -l /srv
> total 36
> drwxr-xr-x. 11 root root 32768 Dec 31  1969 c
> drwxr-xr-x.  2 root root  4096 Jan 16 22:01 weather
> [root at amito jonrysh]# showmount -e weather
> Export list for weather:
> /home amito.gateway.2wire.net
> /     amito.gateway.2wire.net
> [root at amito jonrysh]# mount /srv/weather
> mount.nfs4: access denied by server while mounting weather:/

Do both amito and weather have gateway.2wire.net as their domainname?

Did amito's firewall rules change with the upgrade?!

What's the output, on amito, of 'rpcinfo -p weather'?

Does 'mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=3 weather:/ /srv/weather' succeed?

You can mount with '-v' to get a more verbose failure.

(Do you mean "weather:/var ..." or "weather:/home ..." in fstab?)