error after install any software

William Biggs kc8pdr at ohioham.com
Sun Jan 18 23:16:50 UTC 2015

I running 21 with gnome install when I try to install any software from
the software center . The first software install just fine . But when I
try to install anything else it will not install so . I try to install
it from command line with yum install program's name to see the error
and I get this  error: db5 error(-30973) from dbenv->open: BDB0087
DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
error: cannot open Packages index using db5 -  (-30973)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
CRITICAL:yum.main . Only way I can get it to work is to reboot . Dose
anyone know how to fix it ?