End of 32-bit support?

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Tue Jan 20 02:12:23 UTC 2015

I recently read an interesting article recently that suggested that
Fedora 23 might be 64-bit only:

See:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-23-64-bit-Proposal

It's not a big deal to me -- all of my boxes are fairly modern.
However, I thought one of the big selling points of linux in general is
that you could run it on just about anything, including old, obsolete
boxes.

I've never been involved in doing packaging, etc., and I started
thinking...

How hard is it to make a 32-bit distro if you are making a 64-bit one
anyway?  I guess in the back of my mind I sorta assumed it was scripted
and automatic, so it just meant running some script twice rather than
once.

Is it a tremendous hassle to make a 32-bit distro if you are making a
64-bit one anyway?

billo