Fedora 21 wrong IP address when using "Automatic" (DHCP)

CS DBA cs_dba at consistentstate.com
Tue Jan 20 20:11:27 UTC 2015

On 1/20/15 1:06 PM, CS DBA wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I have a laptop with a new Fedora 21 install, Our firewall is set to
> serve up (DHCP) addresses from 192.168.2.100 - 192.168.2.250
>
> When I activate the physical internet (enp0s25) I get an address of
> 192.168.0.100
> this I cannot connect to any other servers due to the subnet difference.
>
> I checked the settings and the "Method" in the KDE edit connections
> (KnetworkManager) is set to "Automatic"
>
> Thanks in advance...

Update:  If I set the IPV4 section to manual and add the appropriate ip,
netmask, gateway and dns entries I get a valid (static) ip, however
given this is a laptop and I move to other network, the static option is
less than ideal

If I revert to Automatic again I still get the 192.168.0.100 ip address