special chars in gedit?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Wed Jan 21 03:17:04 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 08:28 PM, Kevin Cummings wrote:
> On 01/20/2015 07:40 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
>> I need to use my notebook keyboard to insert a divide symbol, the kind
>> with two dots and a horizontal line, it's ascii character 43 decimal. I
>
> According to *my* ASCII table, character 43 (decimal number 43) is a '+'
> sign....

You can get that รท character with the compose key: compose :-
How do I know that? I bought the book "Compose Key Sequence Reference Guide"
by Sander van Geloven. Looks like it was published by Hellegaard, a
Dutch outfit. I forget where I got it, but either Amazon or O'Reilly
is the probably source.

--doug

/snip/