Fedora-21 firewall advice?

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:52:58 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 09:36 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Dan Irwin  wrote:
>
>     Personally, I'm somewhat amused.
>
>     So the iptables scripts were broken. We all know that.
>
>     Instead of fixing them, let's make a whole new firewalld thing!
>

> You misunderstood.  It is not the scripts that were broken.  It is
> just a basic design in iptables itself.  The "fix" is firewalld
>
> Rahul

so I looked and I have firewalld installed & running, I wasn't aware of
it.. when I query it I get:
#  firewall-cmd --get-default-zone
FedoraWorkstation

# firewall-cmd --state
running

the fedora wiki doesn't show that as a state option here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD

I was thinking it should be home..
firewall-cmd --get-zones
FedoraServer FedoraWorkstation block dmz drop external home internal
public trusted work

what is the difference between fedoraworkstation & home??

--
Paul Cartwright