trying to install kvm

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Wed Jan 21 14:52:13 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 03:25:05 PM poma wrote:
> Of course when you take marketing seriously when says that something is
> faster.

They are marketing a good product. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't
know what's your experience been with Android emulator and Genymotion but
Genymotion is generally a good product.

> Genymotion
> System requirements: Ubuntu 12.04 (32/64 bits) or newer, or Debian 7 (64
> bits) or newer
>
>     VT-x or AMD-V capable CPU
>     400MB disk space
>     OpenGL 2.0
>     2GB RAM

Ubuntu is the defacto distro for Android development. There is neither OpenJDK
7 to build Android on Fedora 21 nor Oracle JDK 7 to run Android Studio for
obvious reasons.

Genymotion works just fine on Fedora. Just execute the binary and it self-
installs itself in the same directory. One might have to delete supplied Qt
libraries so that it picks up system Qt libraries.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger,