F21 - Refreshing DHCP lease on ethernet

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 21 21:36:34 UTC 2015

On 01/21/2015 01:20 PM, poma wrote:
> http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/dncp.htm
>
> Maybe it's too complicated to discuss here.

You had some fun, and I am use to people having fun with my malaprops.

But I just came back from a seminar and took the machine in question out
of suspension and it is still not showing the DHCP options I have now
set on the firewall.

So the question remains as to how, for an ethernet connection, to get
NetworkManager (that I am assuming is controlling all the network
connections) to refresh the lease and get the new options as a result.

I tried:

systemctl restart NetworkManager

No change.

I noticed that on the firewall, I had the lease time set to unlimited.
I changed that to 12H, released the lease on the server, restarted
NetworkManager.  It now shows an almost 12hr lease.  Still no
/etc/resolv entries.  I then did a 'ls -ls /etc/res*' and the file has
not been touched for days!  So NetworkMangeler is sure that there is no
reason to make any changes, dispite what it SHOULD be getting in the
DHCP returns...