Anyone gotten either ntp or chrony working when masquerading is enabled

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Jan 24 23:14:32 UTC 2015

Ed Greshko writes:

> I see....  I've not worked with masquerading in a firewalld environment.
> I've only done it with shoreview as the IP Tables manipulator....
>
> With that in mind, since you have 2 LAN interfaces are they assigned to
> different zones?  One with masquerading turned on, the other off and then
> tried pointing the client tools to the non-masquerading IP.

No, the way I set this up is with one zone, with everything blocked by
default, and a rich rule enabling everything for the LAN IP segment.

The server's headless, and I have to do everything via ssh, and firewalld's
GUI does not seem to work with X11 forwarding, it seems, which is another
bug; so I have to do everything with firewall-cmd.

I guess I have to figure out how to set up individual LAN interfaces into
non-default zones using firewall-cmd, and try that, to see if it works.

But I still think that a plain --add-masquerade should not be screwing
around with 127.0.0.1