Replacement for rc.local

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 25 06:35:43 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-01-24 at 19:36 -0500, Alex Regan wrote:
> I'd like to disable the power management for USB devices, as once the
> desktop goes into suspend, the USB keyboard/mouse won't wake it up.

Is this a desktop PC?  There may be jumpers on the motherboard so that
the USB ports still get power in standby mode.  You, most likely, have
separate jumpers per port, and may not have the feature available on
every port.

I'd be a little surprised if you could control this from the operating
system.  Once a board is put into suspend, *it* controls the hardware
and power distribution.  There may be BIOS options about this, and there
may be BIOS options about resetting the graphics hardware after
suspension.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.17.8-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Fri Jan 9 00:01:03 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.