question about cd text

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Sun Jan 25 13:01:43 UTC 2015

Am 24.01.2015 um 06:34 schrieb Tim:
> On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 12:09 +0100, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
>> you can't build an "iso", as there are no isos for audio cds,
>> but I may be corrected
> Not an "iso," as such, but it's possible to build an image of what will
> be burnt onto an audio CD, though I can't remember if there's a specific
> name for that.  That used to be how it was done (an audio data image,
> with a table of contents file), until things got nicely automated for
> users.  Unfortunately, the automated burner thingies tend to omit giving
> you a way to burn more than one disc without recreating each one, each
> time, wasting a hell of a lot of time.

You might be thinking of a cue sheet, which ist a plain text file with a
reference to an audio file (or multiple files).
Here are the first lines of an example (this way I make backups of my
audio cd collection on my computer, each cd "image" consisting of a
single flac file and the corresponding cue file):

    REM GENRE World
    REM DATE 2008
    REM DISCID D40F320F
    REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.0b1"