Saving screenshots

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Sun Jan 25 12:08:03 UTC 2015

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 07:06:21 PM Alex Regan wrote:
> I experimented a bit, and alt-prtscrn and shft-prtscrn do save a file to
> ~/Pictures. ctrl-prtsrn does not. That's what I was using when reported
> having a problem. I still have no idea where that goes, but it's okay.
>
> gnome-screenshot does save to ~/Pictures, and using -i does
> interactively prompt you where to save.
>
> Sometimes I just don't understand why the defaults that were chosen are
> used.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

There is no Ctrl+PrtSc shortcut related to gnome-screenshot. Some of the
common GNOME shortcuts are available here [1].

Due to cognitive overload a user might had to face when a prompts shows up
asking user to save screenshot, the complete interface was deprecated. Now all
screenshots are saved for your convenience in ~/Pictures folder.

[1] https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/shell-keyboard-shortcuts.html.en

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger,