F20 - broken ethernet setup in NetworkManager?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jan 26 01:24:09 UTC 2015

Continuing saga.

I have studied up on the nmcli commands.  If I do:

nmcli dev show p6p1

I see that:

DHCP.OPTION[9]:    domain_name = htt-consult.com
DHCP.OPTION[23]:  domain_name_servers = 192.168.224.2

But /etc/resolv.conf, which according to the comment is Generated by
NetworkManager has only commented lines.

I rebooted.  No change in /etc/resolv.conf

I mv /etc/resolv.conf elsewhere and rebooted.  No /etc/resolv.conf

Now I have the WiFi radio off.  I turn it on, and it connects to my AP
where the DHCP there creates an /etc/resolv.conf.  I turn the radio off,
and the /etc/resolv.conf goes back to the empty /etc/resolv.conf (or
rather only comment lines).

The only thing I can see different between the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-Wired_Connection_1 and the WiFi one
is that on the ethernet, PEERDNS=no and I can't find where this is set.

What else should I try?