Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-21-5 on Alienware laptop

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jan 26 08:54:04 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 8:08 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> So what you're saying is, there's no longer any installation form that you
> can customize as you install it.

I think the way to do this is Fedora 21 Server netinstall, which
defaults to Server but has other products as options. The F21 Server
DVD definitely doesn't, I just checked. The plan for Fedora 22 is to
have product specific netinstalls.

> If not, it just makes it less likely that
> I'd pick Fedora for a clean install, because I've never seen a Live Image
> that has what I need, or allows a custom partitioning scheme.

All media offer manual partitioning since Fedora 18, including lives.
I don't understand the part about it not having what you need. In any
case you're downloading what you need. If it's in a DVD it'll
inevitably need updating once installed, whereas having it installed
with Software (or yum/dnf) gets you exactly what you want and
ultimately a shorter download time.

--
Chris Murphy