Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-21-5 on Alienware laptop

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Jan 26 09:15:00 UTC 2015

On 01/26/2015 01:04 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> That's Fedora 17 and older. And the interface was unreliable. You'd
> uncheck packages, but because something else actually required them
> they'd still be installed. The whole package thing is beyond nutty for
> users to be involved in anyway. Dealing with them as metapackages, as
> an "application" or suite, is a lot more intuitive and efficient both
> at the front and back end of things.

And that shows you how long it's been since I needed to do a fresh
install.  I have no problem with getting extra things installed for
dependency, but I would have a problem with being forced to have every
text editor Fedora offers installed instead of letting me decide which
ones I want on my computer.  Linux is supposed to be about choice, but
from what I've been reading, whoever is maintaining Anaconda seems to be
doing their best to give users as little choice as possible.