Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-21-5 on Alienware laptop

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jan 26 20:39:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 01/26/2015 11:31 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> There's no such option with Fedora's live media, never has been.
>

> As I've said, I've never installed Fedora that way.  I have helped friends
> install Ubuntu, and you can go directly from the boot menu there to
> installing.

Ubuntu and openSUSE have separate boot menu entries distinguishing
between booting the installer and the live environment. I don't know
why we don't do the same thing and just get rid of the installer
within the live environment, although I know it's been brought up more
than once in devel at . The other possible advantage of this is that it
should be possible for the anaconda rescue option to work, which
doesn't work right now with live media, so we don't have a rescue a
Fedora installation option. This option is available on both non-live
DVD and netinstall medias.

--
Chris Murphy