Latest Java-openjdk upgrade [SOLVED?]

Kevin Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Jan 28 15:33:16 UTC 2015

On 01/27/2015 12:55 PM, Kevin Cummings wrote:
> On 01/27/2015 10:49 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 12:09 -0200, Fernando Lozano wrote:
>>> I do heavy Java development and never had issues with OpenJDK on
>>> Fedora.
>>> And I have OpenJDK on RHEL at many production sites. So don't bother
>>> switching to Oracle Java. Instead try unistall and reinstall OpenJDK
>>> Packages because it looks you have either a corrupted file.
>>>

>> Use "rpm --verify" to check for corruption before just blindly removing
>> and reinstalling packages.
>
> If I upgrade again, and it fails, I will check this.  Thanks.

Well, what do you know, java got bundled into last night's upgrade along
with 1 perl package upgrade.  When I checked, all was functioning
normally.  Go figure.  If something had become corrupted during the
first attempt, I would think that should be a bug in yum (it goes to
great extents to verify everything that gets updated before, during, and
after the update)!  But, this time, all is well, I am running the .75
packages without a hitch.

wow

Thanks for all the suggestions

--