WiFi - Atheros - miniPCIe

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Wed Jan 28 20:09:11 UTC 2015

>>> http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc
>>> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Atheros_AR9271
>>> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Atheros_AR7010
>>>

>>> - (Mini)PCI(e):
>>>     AR9223
>>>     AR9227
>>>     AR9281
>>>     AR9285
>>>     AR9382
>>>
>>> https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath9k
>>> http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/en/users/Drivers/ath9k
>>> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Atheros
>> Thanks poma, I looked at those pages but none of the devices that I can
>> see listed there are ac devices they all appear to be only up to n. I'm
>> trying to get ac support in Linux.
> Data(model&chipset) for these two devices are matched:
>
> http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/#Supported_Devices
> ath10k supports Qualcomm Atheros 802.11ac QCA98xx hw2.0 based devices, ...
> - QCA9882 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE600V5-23
> - QCA9880 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE900V5-23
>
> http://www.compexshop.com/index.php/cPath/57_103
> Atheros miniPCIe 802.11ac cards 5GHz
> - COMPEX WLE600V5-23 miniPCIe module, AR9882, 802.11ac, 2*2MIMO
>    http://compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/57_103/products_id/447
> - COMPEX WLE900V5-23 miniPCIe module, AR9880, 802.11ac, 3*3MIMO
>    http://compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/57_103/products_id/445
>
> Undoubtedly try to contact devs to confirm you these devices are truly supported.
>
> Good Luck!

Thanks poma, I missed this info when I looked yesterday morning. Its
looking like I'm going to have to go back to my N pci wireless card that
is using the ATH9K driver as the rtl8812AU driver you pointed me at on
git seems to be frequently crashing the kernel (I get frequent kernel
core abends that can't be reported because the kernel is tainted). It
may be coincidence but when immediately after the kernel issue the wifi
interface activates I'm assuming its that driver that caused the issue.