kded issue

Martín Marqués martin.marques at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 20:45:35 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a laptop with Fedora 20 (IIRC I had F19 and upgraded like 6 or 7
months ago to F20) and everything was working great til a few weeks ago.

The problem is that every now and then, when I try to sent the laptop to
sleep, by closing the top or pressing Fn+F4, it doesn't full finish the
sleep process.

Let me explain this last thing:

It takes some time for the laptop to sleep, and when you open the top and
press any key it wakes up but the screen isn't blocked and kded is draining
the CPU (I mean kded is hanged). This means that most kde applications
won't work (NM won't authenticate, for example)

The only way to get back is to kill -9 kded (yes, kill -15 doesn't kill
it), and start it again.

I'm going to install debugging symbols now so that next time I can gdb on
the process.

Anyway, has anybody else experienced this?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador