What is Ghost i.e security hole in the Linux?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Jan 28 21:00:47 UTC 2015

> Even though you fixed this yourself, F19 has already been EOLed and will
> therefore not receive even critical security updates such as this one.
> That's why it's important for people to stay current with the supported
> versions, or switch to a distro with long-term support.

My desktop is still using F19, because the power supply is flaky and I'm
not willing to risk an upgrade until my hardware geek can replace it.
(RSN)  The other day I needed to run yumex, to check something in the
configuration and was astonished to find an update: adobe had packaged
the latest flash update for F19.  Will wonders ever cease?

On a side note, I've never had fedup work properly on this box, although
it does on my laptop.  (Preupgrade worked just fine for me.)  This time,
I'm going to try update-fedora and see how it works.