Anaconda illegal address

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Thu Jan 29 17:44:14 UTC 2015

Chris Murphy wrote:

>> When anaconda complains about an "illegal IP address string passed
>> to inet_aton", how can I discover what the bad string contains? So
>> far as I can see, all the configured addresses are perfectly valid.
>> Here's a copy of the traceback: <http://ur1.ca/jkjvw>.

> If you let the bug report dialog file this bug for you, it will
> check for duplicates and that bug might have a work around. Pretty
> much anytime the installer crashes like this rather than giving you
> a coherent error message (and failing gracefully) it's a bug.

I checked for reported bugs before filing my question. But I'm happy to
file a report anyway.

I agree that the behavior is not ideal. Still, if there is a clue
somewhere in the log files, I would have been happy to learn about it.
Based on the lack of response, I presume there is no such clue.
--
Dave Close