Anaconda illegal address

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jan 29 18:20:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:44 AM, CLOSE Dave
<Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> Chris Murphy wrote:
>
>>> When anaconda complains about an "illegal IP address string passed
>>> to inet_aton", how can I discover what the bad string contains? So
>>> far as I can see, all the configured addresses are perfectly valid.
>>> Here's a copy of the traceback: <http://ur1.ca/jkjvw>.
>
>> If you let the bug report dialog file this bug for you, it will
>> check for duplicates and that bug might have a work around. Pretty
>> much anytime the installer crashes like this rather than giving you
>> a coherent error message (and failing gracefully) it's a bug.
>
> I checked for reported bugs before filing my question. But I'm happy to
> file a report anyway.

I mean, when there's a crash libreport should pop up and offer to file
the bug for you. You need to enter bugzilla credentials and then it
automatically files the bug details including uploading all files.
Before it does this, it checks if a bug has already been filed with
this mechanism so that there aren't duplicates filed. It'll tell you
the URL for the found bug. You don't have to check, it does it for
you. If you go to the that bug URL there might be a suggestion how to
work around it.

> I agree that the behavior is not ideal. Still, if there is a clue
> somewhere in the log files, I would have been happy to learn about it.
> Based on the lack of response, I presume there is no such clue.

It's a crash. If there isn't already a bug filed then I'd definitely
say you've hit an edge case.

--
Chris Murphy