Anaconda illegal address

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jan 29 21:21:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 1:17 PM, CLOSE Dave
<Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> I wrote:
>
>> I will now open two BZ reports:
>>
>> 1. Anaconda should fail with a useful message when a required address
>> is missing.
>
> My report has now been closed, marked as a duplicate of BZ 1178320. That
> means at least one developer thinks providing a useless error message is
> not a bug. I strongly disagree.

I think kickstarts are pretty much expected to be exactly correct. The
release criteria says the GUI installer shouldn't crash, permitting it
in certain instances. But for kickstarts, crashing if things aren't
exactly spot on is probably permitted criteria wise. I'm not saying
it's OK that it crashes, it's just that exception handling takes some
coding either to parse the kickstart and reject it from the start, or
some sort of fail graceful code.

--
Chris Murphy