not able of booting into rescue mode

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Jan 30 18:39:32 UTC 2015

Angelo,

Working with CD or DVD images is basically the same. You
download the install DVD from the same place you download the LiveCD and
burn it the same way. Of course you need a DVD drive with write
capability, but I hope your computer is not so old to have only a CD
drive.

When you enter fedoraproject.org, clik on the "Server" link,
then "Download now". It provides a DVD install iso image, while the
"Workstaion" link on the home page provides a LiveCD image. Also note
the "Other downloads" on the same page: it provides the netinst isos
someone else talked about. Those are much smaller than the DVD images
but provides the rescue option if that's all you need.

If you need an
older Fedora release, the lastest Fedora Project web site doesn't
provide easy links anymore. But you can copy any of the download links
for the latest release and strip from the file name until the release
number, for example:

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/21/Server/x86_64/iso/Fedora-Server-DVD-x86_64-21.iso

becomes

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/

Then
you can click on the release number you want and browse until you find
the install or netinst image you want. For example, if you need Fedora
18, you'd click 18/Fedora/x86_64/iso/ to get the DVD and netinst iso
images.

Please be aware some mirrors won't provide all releases. In
this case, start over from until you get directed to a
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/ mirrior
that has the release you want.

If you need a relase that's too old and
most mirrors have already deleted it, go to:

http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/

[]s, Fernando
Lozano

> Hi Fernando
>
> that I would like know ...

Unfortunately I am not experienced how to do it...; could
> you give me
a good reference where I could learn, please ?

Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Fernando Lozano <fernando at lozano.eti.br>
wrote:

>> Hi Angelo.
>>
>>> Yes (for installing Fedora) I am using
a live CD..; and I know that it is also a possibility to use DVD iso
(about that I have to learn).

>>> However I was able to get the
prompt pressing "Escape"
>>> Anyway I still not was been able to enter
in recovery mode from the prompt, because both the command: "linux
rescue" and "init.rescue" were not recognized by the interpreter.

Every Linux boot media can display the prompt, but the commands
available have to be included on the media itself.
>> The rescue
commands are not provided by Fedora LiveCDs. So you need to download a
non-liveCD Fedora installation media, boot from it and then use the
prompt.

users at lists.fedoraproject.org
>> To unsubscribe or change subscription
[1]