chown ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 31 06:14:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 15:45 -0500, Mickey wrote:
> chown -R kitty  kitty:kitty
>
> Is this Correct ?

No.  Seeing as others have already said how to do it, I'll just add;
look at the man file for commands, there's explanations, and often
examples at the end of the manual (there definitely is, in this case).

man chown

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.17.8-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Fri Jan 9 00:01:03 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.