Another systemd annoyance

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:04:16 UTC 2015

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:52:10 +0100
Heinz Diehl wrote:

> In addition, I'm curious what happens when the next systemd update gets pulled in.
> Most probably, my manual settings will be overwritten with what systemd thinks
> is good for the user..

I use a big hammer for this:

yum-plugin-post-transaction-actions is a yum plugin (hopefully
there is a dnf equivalent) that will let you run hooks
after yum runs, so I have a /usr/local/bin/after-yum-hook
script I run every time yum runs to apply any changes
I've made that may have just been overwritten by an
update :-). (Actually, I use a yum plugin I wrote
myself before I found out about the post transaction
plugin above, but the idea is the same).