How to NetworkManager

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jul 2 07:33:29 UTC 2015

On 07/02/15 14:54, René Harder Olsen wrote:
> How to make a new mobilbroadband connection in Network Manager, I can't
> find any WAN connection in Network Manager it only offers the following
> options VPN,Binding,Hold,Bridge and Vlan and I don't believe that's
> right for what I am trying to do.
> Sorry for my bad English.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

Is your modem plugged in to your system?

I use KDE and even with no device there is an option to create a mobile-broadband connection.  But, maybe GNOME does things differently and you'll only get that option if a supported device is detected???

Have a read here...

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager/MobileBroadband