Fedora 20 and Centos7 - install with sw RAID5 complete but won't boot

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 08:54:47 UTC 2015

I'm trying to build a new server using 3xSeagate Baracuda ST3000DM001 3TB
drives and RAID5. I tried initially using a F20 DVD but have also downloaded
Centos 7 and tried that with the same effect.

I set up /boot /boot/efi and swap as standard partitions.
I then set up / /home and /var/bacula as RAID5 with 200GB 200GB and whatever
is left as the file sizes.

The installation and filesystem selection is all done through the installation
GIU. I then complete the installation without incident. However, after
rebooting the PC just sits there saying

Varifying DMI Pool Data..........

which I#'m guessing is the end of the POST. The HDD light is on but nothing
happens until it times out and tries to boot from DVD.

The Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3/SI with a BIOS date of 2010-12-31.

Any ideas why it won't boot? Is it a mobo issue, or something wrong with the
disk configs?