How to NetworkManager

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Jul 2 17:03:09 UTC 2015

On 07/02/2015 05:47 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 02.07.2015, René Harder Olsen wrote:
>
>> How to make a new mobilbroadband connection in Network Manager, I can't
>> find any WAN connection in Network Manager it only offers the following
>> options VPN,Binding,Hold,Bridge and Vlan and I don't believe that's
>> right for what I am trying to do.
>
> Would you mind posting the relevant lines from the output of "dmesg"
> after plugging in your device? Most of the mobile broadband devices
> I've dealt with showed up as an Ethernet connection.
>
>> Sorry for my bad English.
>
> No need to worry, your English is fine.

Under XFCE I can right click on the NM icon, select "Edit Connections",
click the "+ Add" button and click in the drop-down menu provided in
the "Choose a Connection Type" popup. Under the "Hardware" category,
I see a "Mobile Broadband" option. Select it and click on the
"Create..." button and fill in the blanks.

Not sure how it'd look under Gnome or KDE. I refuse to use Gnome3 and
deal all of its idiocies and resource hogging, and I've never really
cared for the appearance of KDE.
-        Is it progress if a cannibal uses a knife and fork?         -
-                                  -- Stanislaw J. Lec               -