F22 unusable - system freezes on login

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jul 2 19:33:09 UTC 2015

On 07/02/2015 12:05 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> The display is unchanged; I still see the login dialog / prompt /
> whatever was on screen previously. (Although with updated kernels, TTY
> switching results in an unrecoverable black screen.)

Have you tried the Magic SysRq key?  Even in single-user mode, you
should be able to do what's needed to activate it.  Check the third post
in this thread for details:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=304057&highlight=magic+sysrq

I'd also suggest doing a little experimenting before you reboot, so that
you know exactly what combination of keys works.  If it works in
single-user mode, but not when you need it, there's a good chance that
whatever's wrong is hardware, but try booting into a CLI because it just
might be a video driver issue.