Thunderbird question

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 21:16:09 UTC 2015

On 07/04/2015 03:00 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 07/04/2015 01:44 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>> Well, now I must ask the list that since the messages that disappeared
>> running the Repair folder in TB, are still on the gmail server.
>> How can I get TB to download them all?
>> Is there something I can do to TB or to my gmail account on
>> mail.google.com
>> that will make TB re-download them?
>
> If you're connecting over IMAP, you can delete the cache:
>
> rm -rf .thunderbird/*.default/ImapMail/imap.googlemail.com*
Using pop - I had had undesireable experience with Imap,
so I switched to pop. One of the reasons was that I needed
to re-read old messages in situations where I had no internet
access.

> Though this should be a reminder that backups matter.
Goes without saying :)
I boldly ran the repair without first backing up Inbox :)

> Also consider using Maildir instead of the default Berkeley format:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Maildir

Not sure what that gives me.
Does is turn each message into a separate file?
If so, not for me.